1. You will need the following information to complete your online credit
card payment transaction:
· Mastercard or Visa card name and number, expiry
date, and three digit security code on the back of the card
· Cardholder billing address postal or zip code.
2. Login at www.acorn.utoronto.ca using your UTORid/JOINid and password.
Click on “Make a Payment” and
then click on “Make a Payment by Credit Card”.
3. Read the information at the top of the Credit Card Payment form to
ensure that this is the optimal payment option for you.
Decide whether to pay the ‘Maximum
Payment’ amount or less. The Maximum
Payment is the total amount owed but may not be the amount owed for the
purposes of registration, or post-registration fee payment deadlines.
To view fee payment due dates
(registration period and post-registration period) and monthly service charge
billing dates refer to
Post-Registration Fee Payment and Service Charge Schedules.
4. Record the Billing Information.
The “Email receipt to” field will be
pre-populated by your utoronto.ca if it has been recorded on ACORN.
Otherwise you can record the email address of the credit card payment receipt
5. Record the “Payment Amount (CAD)” and check the convenience fee that
has been calculated for you.
· If you decide that you prefer to make a fee
payment without a convenience fee, you can back out of the transaction and
make a payment by one of the other fee payment options (http://www.fees.utoronto.ca/sessions/2019_2020/making_Payments/making_a_Fee_Payment.htm)
· If you are paying with a non-Canadian dollar
denominated credit card, it is strongly recommended that the WU GlobalPay for
Students payment option is used as this payment option offers competitive
exchange rates with NO transaction fees. For more information on this payment
option, go to: Making A Fee Payment Outside Canada
6. Read and check the disclaimer and click on “Make a Payment”
button. This will transfer you to the Moneris Online Credit Card
7. Record “Cardholder Details”.
· The convenience fee will be displayed again. If
you do not wish to pay this fee, then you can back out of this screen and
make your payment by one of the other fee payment options (see link in #5)
· Click “Process Transaction” to send the charge
· A “successful” or “declined” email notification
will be sent to the address recorded in the “Email receipt to” field.
· You will be redirected to the ACORN Payment
The ACORN Payment History
screen displays both declined and successful credit card fee payments.
a) Declined credit card transactions are listed on the bottom of the
screen. Click on “Credit Card Declined” to view your online transaction
receipt. This may help you to see why the payment was declined and if
not, contact your credit card company.
b) Your successful credit card transaction will be immediately listed at
the top of the screen and described as “Credit Card Payment-Awaiting Final
Confirmation” and the “Invoice Session” will be TBA.
Click on “Credit Card Payment-Awaiting Final Confirmation” to view
your online successful transaction receipt.
It typically takes 2-3 business days for the confirmation process to
be completed. The University does not consider the fee payment to have been
received until confirmed.
ACORN will not change your registration status from “Invited to
Register” to “Registered” until the confirmation process is complete.
9. The receipt recipient will receive email notification(s):
a) If successful transaction, Moneris will send a Transaction Receipt
message from STUD ACCTS CC PYMT-UOT TORONTO, and ACORN will send a U of T
Credit Card Fee Payment Order Confirmation message from ACORN Help.
b) If declined transaction, Moneris will send a Transaction Receipt
message from STUD ACCTS CC PYMT-UOT TORONTO.
10. Login to ACORN in 2-3 business days to confirm
that the “Credit Card Payment-Awaiting Final Confirmation” transaction on the
“Payment History” screen has been replaced by a “Payment-ACORN Credit Card”
transaction and the “Invoice Session” field displays the appropriate session
value. This indicates that the credit card payment has been confirmed and
recorded in your ACORN account.